A webinar created by ThinkFirst Oregon – OHSU. Click to download and view.
2014 Safe Kids Oregon Celebrate Kids Prevent Injuries Forum
Safe Kids Coalition members and the Safe Kids Oregon Advisory Board joined together in Wilsonville on October 17th for workshops, recognition, networking and sharing successes. Coalition members came from Columbia County, the Columbia Gorge , Northeast Oregon – Baker, Union and Wallowa Counties, Portland Metro, Salem and Washington County.
Guest presenters included Lisa Millet, MSH, Injury and Violence Prevention Program Manager and Beth Gebstadt, Maternal and Child Health at Oregon Public Health talking about Connection the Dots and Strengthening Parents through Quality Education. Richard Vangelisti, Vangelisti Law Firm shared A Trial Lawyer’s Perspective on Injury Prevention for Children. Liz Thorne, MPH, Adolescent Health Policy and Assessment at Oregon Public Health talked about Adolescent Brain Development.
Safe Kids Oregon thanks our sponsors: Emergency Services for Children, Kaplan Law LLC and the Oregon Child Development Coalition. We also thank the Safe Kids Oregon Conference and Training Committee for their planning and all of the Safe Kids Oregon Advisory Board members for their participation and support of this day.
2013 Safe Kids Worldwide Conference Workshops
Workshop presentations from this year’s Safe Kids Worldwide Conference, held June 19-22, 2013, are now available. There were over 30 excellent workshops offered. To view presentations, visit http://www.safekidsnetwork.org/program/session-presentations/
Examples of a few of the workshop titles include:
- High Tech Solutions That Work: Patterns in Injury Prevention
- New Communications Tools: Building Blocks to Make Your Message Stick
- Advocacy 101: Making Your Case to Policy Makers
Creating a “Safety Culture” for Child Passengers: Three Perspectives
- Reaching New Parents: An Opportunity to Make a Difference
- Development: How to Set and Achieve Your Fundraising Goals
- Fire & Burn Prevention: Inspiration from the Field
- Pedestrian Safety: Walking the Walk
- Scoring With Sports Programs: Winning Strategies